6 good reasons for the IVLB
The IVLB (Interessegemeinschaft Vermarktung Lëtzebuerger Biofleesch a.s.b.l.) is your point of contact when it comes to organic meat in Luxembourg.
“Regional, healthy and natural meat.”
- The “ Interessegemeinschaft Vermarktung Lëtzebuerger Biofleesch a.s.b.l.” was founded in 2010 by a group of dedicated organic farmers.
- Sales are organised directly between the farmer and the butcher, which strengthens the trust within the food chain and guarantees fair prices.
- We guarantee a sustainable production through organic farming.
- Our animals are kept according to their species and strict organic-farming criteria.
- At least once a year, each farm undergoes an inspection by an independent organisation.
- To guarantee a sustainable production in harmony with nature and the animals.
- To bring the meat that is produced on the farms of our members to the Luxembourgish market at a fair price.
- To build a partnership with artisanal businesses that are located in the region/ in Luxembourg.
- To offer our clients the best quality and healthy food.
Are kept according to strict organic-farming regulations:
- Cattle: our cattle spend as much time as possible on our pastures and help to maintain our biodiversity.
- Pigs: our piglets spend a lot of time with their mothers. This species-appropriate keeping encourages their natural behaviour.
- Sheep: they maintain the landscape and guarantee a healthy environment.
- Chickens: both the females and the males animals are important to us.
The committee is made up of active members who, in addition to the daily work on their farms, are committed to the objectives of the IVLB.